Optoro - Good people, moving quickly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Optoro

"Good people, moving quickly"

Current Employee - Platform Stability in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Platform Stability in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, nice office, convenient location. You're pushed to keep learning and owning responsibilities as new requirements. There are a lot of people here that really know what they're doing and are more than happy to help you do something or learn something.

The goals and mission of the company are important for the long term health of the economy and environment - and we're proud of the changes that we make.

Cons

Ownership, alignment, and communication across teams and departments. Misunderstandings over priorities and goals cause friction across departments.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards the long term vision, ensure day-to-day priority setting stays in line with the long term future of the company. Watch for burn out and single points of failure.

Other Employee Reviews for Optoro

1. "Dream Job in DC, Hands Down!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At a fast-growing company like Optoro, I have really valued the experience of working collaboratively and across teams. I'm surrounded with smart, creative, brilliant people who I can count on to deliver and make it happen. Optoro has a multifaceted business model and therefore, our team structure splits out into many areas of focus, all interdependent on one another.

From my perspective, the great workplace culture starts with Adam (president) and Toby (CEO), who are very present and communicative in sharing the long-term vision for the company. Then, at a team / personal level, we have a great deal of autonomy in how we execute to hit those milestones. I’ve personally found it really productive and motivating to have this type of team dynamic and management style. It truly breeds success and confidence in the work we do. We’re all in it to win it together, yet at the same time, I enjoy total ownership in my role and contributions.

All in all, I am so thrilled to have found a fulfilling career at Optoro at the forefront of DC's vibrant tech scene. From the beginning, I was drawn to the company’s mission of sustainable recommerce and I continue to be inspired at how we're innovating in the reverse logistics space to eliminate all waste in retail returns. Since I joined, we formed a strategic partnership with UPS which has positioned Optoro as the industry leader and opened many new opportunities for the future.

Last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't mention some of the many benefits and perks at our office. It's genuinely the best place to work! We have frequent social events and team celebrations; individual professional growth stipends; monthly employee recognition; cold brew coffee, draft beer, sparkling water on tap; a beautiful, open workspace with standing desks; amazing rooftop garden with WIFI; awesome snacks; free gym membership in our building; commuter benefits; great healthcare; and the list goes on!

Cons

I have only positives! It's a fast-paced environment where prioritization is key to success. While we've crossed over from a "true start-up" to a maturing business, the "start-up mentality" is very much alive and well! We continue to push the boundaries of our industry and will not rest on our laurels. I personally love the new challenges each day brings, the opportunity to keep learning in my career, and the exciting growth potential of being part of a disruptive tech team.

2. "N/A"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

None other then pay and if you're very desperate.

Cons

Do not work for the warehouse in TN, they do not care and put on the common 'mask' of pretending to be a family while in reality stabbing you in the back.

Any concerns or questions? Go screw yourself
    Any complains? Go screw yourself
    Any suggestions? Go screw yourself

Great company..

Advice to Management

Treat people like actual frakking human beings.