Optoro - Great place for recent college grads | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place for recent college grads"

Current Employee - Rotational Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Rotational Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with smart, interesting, and fun people every day. I have the opportunity to tackle both business and environmental problems. Tons of other perks like beautiful office, cold brew, rooftop, etc... The flexible WFH/PTO policy is also quite generous. I feel so lucky to be working here while we are in this growth period!

Cons

I think the (small) problems are typical of any fast growing start-up, like figuring out ways to share information, collaborate across teams, and so on. Definitely making steps in the right direction though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - we appreciate it :)

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Collaborative, Exciting, Fun, Environment with Growth Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely collaborative environment. There are plenty of opportunities to make a positive impact. The team here consists of super smart people who are interested in sharing what they know and learning what they don't know. It is a very exciting, fast paced business on the leading edge of the reverse logistics industry. Leadership is considerate of work/life balance and there are lots of wonderful perks including beautiful office space and location, organized social and volunteer events, and monthly and annual awards for CRUSHING IT!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any...........

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing..........

2. "Good people, moving quickly"

Current Employee - Platform Stability in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Platform Stability in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, nice office, convenient location. You're pushed to keep learning and owning responsibilities as new requirements. There are a lot of people here that really know what they're doing and are more than happy to help you do something or learn something.

The goals and mission of the company are important for the long term health of the economy and environment - and we're proud of the changes that we make.

Cons

Ownership, alignment, and communication across teams and departments. Misunderstandings over priorities and goals cause friction across departments.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards the long term vision, ensure day-to-day priority setting stays in line with the long term future of the company. Watch for burn out and single points of failure.

Discover more reviews about Optoro.