Optoro - Good vibes and good values | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Ownership, alignment, and communication across teams and departments" (in 3 reviews)

• "I think the (small) problems are typical of any fast growing start-up, like figuring out ways to share information, collaborate across teams, and so on" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Good vibes and good values"

I have been working at Optoro full-time

Pros

- Office culture is great. Work/life balance is (genuinely) prioritized; work from home policy is generous, you don't feel guilty for taking time out to take care of, say, a dentist's appointment or a kid's school event.
- Work is interesting and fast-paced. Optoro sells itself as a "green" for-profit company - working on both a business and environmental solution. I would normally be skeptical about this, but I really do think the business's value prop is exciting and real: the reverse supply chain is no joke!
- Big encouragement for professional development/learning, as well as diversity and inclusion efforts.
- You can see your work contributing to the growing business - and that's exciting!
- Everyone's relaxed, friendly, and helpful. I've worked in some environments that were a lot more stressed/toxic, and it can feel a bit dog eat dog: people are stressed and unhappy in those places. That's not the case here. I genuinely enjoy going into the office, and people seem to feel the same way?

Cons

- It's a high growth phase, which means some teams are working longer hours (though they get thanked and recognized for it - again, I've worked in places where working evenings or weekends was expected, not praised as exceptional).
- The high growth can sometimes mean that we suddenly change focus; so sometimes things feel chaotic.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Software Engineer Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Washington, DC

I worked at Optoro as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Open, collaborative workplace, extremely fun

Cons

"Growing pains" of a startup

"Great place for recent college grads"

Current Employee - Rotational Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Rotational Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with smart, interesting, and fun people every day. I have the opportunity to tackle both business and environmental problems. Tons of other perks like beautiful office, cold brew, rooftop, etc... The flexible WFH/PTO policy is also quite generous. I feel so lucky to be working here while we are in this growth period!

Cons

I think the (small) problems are typical of any fast growing start-up, like figuring out ways to share information, collaborate across teams, and so on. Definitely making steps in the right direction though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - we appreciate it :)

Discover more reviews about Optoro.