Optoro - Brief Stay but its was a pleasant place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Optoro

"Brief Stay but its was a pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Lanham, MD
Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is very nice to the members from day 1 and they even take out the entire staff
Company dinners and outings
Fair Pay
Working in teams of compatible people
Management is approachable (for the most part)
Good working enviroment
Friendly Staff/ Coworkers

Cons

Losts of pressure to stay productive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and consider more internal promotions

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent and HR Specialist

So glad you enjoyed your time at Optoro!

Other Employee Reviews for Optoro

"Great culture and motivated staff"

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people are smart and eager to learn. The talent and culture team has created an incredible company culture which has served as a North Star as we've grown rapidly. There's a good mix of personalities, but everybody likes to work hard and have a good time.

Cons

Like many fast growing companies, we need to continue to strengthen alignment between departments. Sometimes the company is a bit too casual; we could foster professionalism a bit more especially client facing behavior.

Advice to Management

Stay committed- it's inspiring to work hard for such hardworking people.

Jul 13, 2016 – Senior Director, Talent & Culture

Thanks for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback! At Optoro, we have worked hard to create a culture that fosters openness to learning and collaboration by hiring intellectually curious ... More

"Breath of Fresh Air"

I have been working at Optoro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vertical mobility with this company is amazing. Management gives you opportunities to learn and interact with other departments in the company, and encourage employees professional development so they can rise within the company. As a startup, there is a major emphasis from upper management on feedback and ensuring employees have the tools necessary to do their job, and are always looking for suggestions and areas where they can improve. I genuinely feel that the company and my direct supervisor care about my professional development and want me to thrive within the company. This is a great place to start your career if you are a recent college grad. The office in DC very much has a millennial feel. Fully stocked fridge with drinks and snacks. Very friendly outgoing people, across all departments. Management is down to earth and approachable.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to communicate ideas and newly implemented processes across departments and locations. However, management is always open to feedback from employees on new processes to make the company more efficient, and genuinely take employees questions and concerns into account and look to quickly resolve any arising issues.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employee and customer feedback, and being willing to address concerns.

May 4, 2016 – Senior Director, Talent & Culture

We’re glad you’re having such a positive experience with Optoro! One aspect of our company that we’re proudest of is our strong leadership. Our managers are genuinely invested in the learning and ... More