Opus Bank - Banking Center Manager | Glassdoor

"Banking Center Manager"

Banking Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a place where if you work hard, embrace the culture and get over your own concept of what traditional banking should be you will love it. The people that do not like working here are those that refuse to adapt or accept that the banking industry is changing. Pay is excellent and promotional opportunities present often for those who earn them! Traditional tellers should stay away. If you can't or don't want... to sell please go to a 'competitor'. We have all worked too hard to bring people on who cannot or will not work to embrace the culture. Work and be rewarded. I've been promoted twice. The head of retail called me on a Sunday to thank me for my contribution and award me a sizable raise. The retail bank is evolving into something great. It's just not what you're used to.

Cons

The computer system isn't great. We need better training. Communication could improve. Everyone needs to understand why we do what we do.

Advice to Management

Focus on those that get it. Forget those that do not. This is a great company for the right people. Get more people on board that are on the boat. Get the ones who are not off.

Opus Bank2016-09-17
  1. "Great experience working for Opus Bank!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Business Partner in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Opus Bank so far. I like my team, my manager, and the strides being made to constantly improve.

Cons

No cons yet besides the commute.

Opus Bank2019-09-24
  2. "Audit Department is a joke"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Irvine, CA

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company allows you to make good impact

Cons

Audit Department tries fool the regulators and succeeds some of the time.

Advice to Management

Add component leaders/management within the audit department. Instead of being a reactive department, it should be a proactive department.

Opus Bank2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about Opus Bank.