Opus Bank - Always scared running here and volitile mgmt. on all levels. | Glassdoor

"Always scared running here and volitile mgmt. on all levels."

I have been working at Opus Bank

Pros

There's nothing I can say here except that they pay well. But pay isn't stopping me from keeping my eyes open for something more stable as soon as it opens up. I have a mortgage and family to think about plus and a kid about to go to college. And I always fear I'm on the chopping block.

Cons

Their business lending programs are terrible and the teller line computers always go down and the account opening process takes over an hour for a basic account.....more if doesn't go down too and lose the hour of work you just did.... Lack of staffing. Unreasonable goals in relation to skinny staffing. We just can't get out and our business clients are busy and need us to come to them. Not come to us in the center... only because we do not have enough coverage.

Advice to Management

More honest communication. Always feels like so many secrets are brewing in HQ.

Opus Bank2016-10-04
  1. "Great experience working for Opus Bank!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Business Partner in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Opus Bank so far. I like my team, my manager, and the strides being made to constantly improve.

Cons

No cons yet besides the commute.

Opus Bank2019-09-24
  2. "Audit Department is a joke"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Irvine, CA

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company allows you to make good impact

Cons

Audit Department tries fool the regulators and succeeds some of the time.

Advice to Management

Add component leaders/management within the audit department. Instead of being a reactive department, it should be a proactive department.

Opus Bank2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about Opus Bank.