Opus CMC - Stay as far away as possible | Glassdoor

"Stay as far away as possible"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I could honestly say there’s absolutely no pros Working for this company. They never have work, and they put their employees on call every other month. Management never gets back to you. And the pay isn’t that good compared to other underwriting jobs.

Cons

The pay sucks, there’s hardly any work. Always on call. No communication from upper management. When they put you on call they don’t offer you any type of assistance, and if they let you go from being on call for over 30 days there is no severance package. They use and abuse their employees. When they have work they want you to work all this extra overtime however the other amount of time spent at home not working

Advice to Management

Stop messing with peoples livelihood. Stop having favorites. Maybe an entire overhaul of the upper management staff is necessary. This company is run by the most incompetent people ever!

Opus CMC2018-02-07

Other Employee Reviews

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Opus CMC for more than 4 years

Pros

Fun place to work, good learning environment, very adaptable company.

Cons

Very prone to business cycles.

Opus CMC2016-03-31

"Escape the normal routine"

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time

Pros

I have been at Opus for a few years and what I appreciate most are the flexible work hours, the ability to work from home, and comparatively low stress in relation to other mortgage operations jobs. I feel that management and peers alike are supportive and helpful.

Cons

Opus is not without challenges like most companies. There are strides to be made with technology, outsourcing, and increasing overall growth opportunities. I do feel, however, that management is making every effort to improve what they can.

Opus CMC2019-03-20

Discover more reviews about Opus CMC.