Opus CMC - Escape the normal routine | Glassdoor

"Escape the normal routine"

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time

Pros

I have been at Opus for a few years and what I appreciate most are the flexible work hours, the ability to work from home, and comparatively low stress in relation to other mortgage operations jobs. I feel that management and peers alike are supportive and helpful.

Cons

Opus is not without challenges like most companies. There are strides to be made with technology, outsourcing, and increasing overall growth opportunities. I do feel, however, that management is making every effort to improve what they can.

Opus CMC2019-03-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Opus CMC for more than 4 years

Pros

Fun place to work, good learning environment, very adaptable company.

Cons

Very prone to business cycles.

Opus CMC2016-03-31

"Run like a foreign outsource company"

Former Employee - QC Underwriter in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Opus CMC full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Company will hire anyone that can spell "mortgage." No one gets fired for being incompetent. Capability to work from home so you can job hunt while the company servers are down, again.

Cons

Very expensive health insurance, No merit raises for 3 years running. Frequent work stoppages. Management that treats employees like disposable utensils. Rock-bottom morale. Laughably impossible production expectations. Bad company reputation sticks to employees making it hard to work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

My 7 years of loyalty were tossed away like old socks. The closure of 2 offices and the down-sizing of a 3rd in the last 3 years sent a message that you missed. The foreign outsourcing company that bought Opus CMC 4 years ago must be wondering what they paid for? Staff cheered the departure of the original owners, but the lack of respect for the underwriters that made you rich speaks volumes. You ask for employee...

Opus CMC2019-03-10

Discover more reviews about Opus CMC.