Oracle - Meh...I've had worse jobs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Meh...I've had worse jobs"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my job and the people all around me so it's good. I have a good boss, and great coworkers and we all have the same drive so it's working for me. The benefits are pretty good, no real complaints there. I've worked for some pretty bad places so it's hard to get too worked up about a giant company and what comes with it.

Cons

Not everyone is happy and it shows. The noise from that is loud and does make you analyze your current role within the org. I listen carefully to it, but try to filter.

Advice to Management

loosen the purse strings a little bit.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Excellent company overall, underrated still by most people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great financial performance, products, customers, many fantastic employees. Probably one of the best places for software developers early to mid career. Successful and smart sales executives can really flourish and develop their careers at Oracle, if they are top notch. Change is constantly happening in most areas, however. Employees must be well-suited to adapt to change.

Cons

Long hours expected, financial performance of company is priority over employees. For employees, you need to know your employee number and almost everything is self service using the applications of Oracle.

Advice to Management

Executives would be advised to provide managers with better tools for attracting and retaining top employees. Managing everything centrally does not always allow for this. Employee churn can be very expensive.

"Modern Sweatshop"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Big company, lot of facilities, gym, nice campus etc
    - Each group has its on culture

Cons

- Some of the groups are modern sweatshops. Made people work 16 hrs across globe and weekends, but wont compensate anything..no raise or bonus of options for most of the employees.
    - Poor salary. New college hires will get more salary than an employ worked for 10yrs in some of the groups.
    - Some of the groups are heavely into process. They even forget what the processes are created for.
    Career - Promotions are given as replacement for benefits. If you know the management well you can get a nice title.
    Snr Management is rewarded at the cost of hard working employees.
    If you want to retire - this is the best place.
    20% of the employees work like dogs, 80% is enjoy their life. its like big Federal Govt office.
    Innovation, creativity - non existent.
    Some of the management runs their groups like their kingdom. Rules are made on the fly..
    HR has no role - Unless a manager want to screw up some employee. Then HR will in the forefront to help the manager.

Customer support - Sucks big time. Most products are buggy because of over worked and low moral on employe side.

Advice to Management

Advise to Management - If you treat employees like craps, your products will have the same result and customers will treat you like crap one day.