Oracle - One of the best I ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"One of the best I ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of resources, lots of opportunities to learn new technologies, endless amount of work, high chance of getting your work into product, not asked to work on narrow focus, good medical benefits

Cons

hardly any raises, some of my colleagues were getting paid well below the industry average for their skill level, lots of take-overs and mergers leading to politics in upper levels of management and cause endless reorganizations. culture is very focused on business and bottom line.

Advice to Management

share the wealth. Perks to employees like a gym and good food at the expense of a low salary discriminate against the employees' families.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Unfriendly and Depressing"

Former Contractor - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Edison, NJ
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Edison, NJ

I worked at Oracle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given a good position and good pay (even though it was through a temp agency), and the job title was above what I was expecting.

Cons

The people are unfriendly to newcomers, and the working environment is just depressing. People really don't like their jobs and there's a high turnover rate. Even though everyone's hours are supposedly 9-5, people were late all the time and left early. My first day, no one knew that I was starting, and one person thought I was just interviewing. My boss had a family emergency but no one bothered to tell me so I was just sitting around all day.
    The rest of the team was rude and unwelcoming, and they feigned interest only to take advantage of me later. When I shared my ideas with an individual, they took credit for them at the next staff meeting. Overall, it's just an unhappy and toxic place.

Advice to Management

Do a thorough sweep of the departments and weed out everybody that causes such a negative atmosphere.

"Where mid managers kill the spirit and growth"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work,life balance.
    Hires from good universities and most new hires are great.
    Server technologies is a great place where your work will impact many in the world.
    Larry.

Cons

Managers - for their job security, they don't let employees grow after certain stage.
    Have seen some worse managers who employ divisive strategy to be at the helm.
    Technical people manage some groups and that leads to conflict of interest.
    Information flows in only one direction (upwards).

Advice to Management

Can easily get rid of 30 percent of managers,with no impact to operations. They can save lot of $s.