Oracle - Depends on one's manager. One can bet here comfortably for decades if you suck up to your manager. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Depends on one's manager. One can bet here comfortably for decades if you suck up to your manager."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Recognizable brand and products. Large market share.

Cons

Huge bureaucracy with layers of middle management that needs to justify their existence.

Advice to Management

Eliminate some layers.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "It's not very motivating but it pays the rent"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They generally do not ask for or require overtime on a regular basis. Just do your job well enough and you will be OK

Cons

Corporate security and political posturing is stifling and makes it painful to be as productive as you would like to be

Advice to Management

You should put a little bit of trust in your employees, learn to communicate, and try to provide a reason for employees to be more motivated.

"Unfriendly and Depressing"

Former Contractor - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Edison, NJ
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Edison, NJ

I worked at Oracle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given a good position and good pay (even though it was through a temp agency), and the job title was above what I was expecting.

Cons

The people are unfriendly to newcomers, and the working environment is just depressing. People really don't like their jobs and there's a high turnover rate. Even though everyone's hours are supposedly 9-5, people were late all the time and left early. My first day, no one knew that I was starting, and one person thought I was just interviewing. My boss had a family emergency but no one bothered to tell me so I was just sitting around all day.
    The rest of the team was rude and unwelcoming, and they feigned interest only to take advantage of me later. When I shared my ideas with an individual, they took credit for them at the next staff meeting. Overall, it's just an unhappy and toxic place.

Advice to Management

Do a thorough sweep of the departments and weed out everybody that causes such a negative atmosphere.