Oracle - Exciting time to work at Oracle | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Exciting time to work at Oracle"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Oracle has grown a diverse line of products, all striving to be best in class. Unlike other companies that grow through acquisition, Oracle fully assimilates these products, over time, into end-to-end solutions. I used that think that was just Marketing, but I've found it to be true.

Cons

Easy to feel isolated, accessing self-service applications, working remotely on virtual teams, without contact to coworkers, and not always having contact with customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Challenging, good pay good work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

Cons

Raises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Advice to Management

Company needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

2. "A great university; but reorgs galore!"

Former Employee - Group Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Group Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great university to work at: multiple divisions, groups and technologies all in one company: you can pick multiple hardware, software, application domains.

Cons

Reorgs and politics! Once you get into management, you tend to get sucked into the management politics! you never know who will be your manager next. Compensation is ok. But very little focus on employee engagement, training etc

Advice to Management

Become nimble and quick while being a large company or get eaten eaten up!