Oracle - Good on the CV but not for the soul | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Good on the CV but not for the soul"

Pros

Got to work with some great people, particularly in my team.
Exposed to some interesting hardware and software, allowing me to learn things that normally would have to be learned outside of the working day.
Work from home policy, while not official, can be handy. More so for people like me who suffer migraines, allowing to avoid the hassle of commutes/travel but not use a sick day if the migraine is "bearable".

Cons

No real rewards for hard work done. Level increases happen but in name only.
With level increase you are expected to do more work at the new level but for the same pay as before.
After three and a half years working there, having met every target and goal set before me and even going above and beyond, never once got a pay raise.

Advice to Management

Reward your workers and you will keep them. If you expect to get more work for less wage don't be surprised that people leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"great company to work for. very stable."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

company is profitable, a market leader and has a good reputation. Company continues to grow.

Cons

salary increases are minimal or non-existent. Company exercises a level of financial prudence that sometimes seems too conservative. transferring jobs within the company (especially across borders) is more complicated than it should be.

Advice to Management

continue to exercise prudence to maintain profitability, but make an effort to loosen the belt in areas that will give you a return on investment. Good talent leaves the company all the time for more money. Hiring replacements for them (for more money than the person who left was paid) doesn't make sense. spend the extra money to retain good people.

2. "It all depends on how you utilize the opportunities"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a very flexible work. so, you are completely free to prioritize your work. You are allotted the work and its upto to finish it up withing the given stipulated time. No micro management by the higher management. Also, you can do extra work if you are interested. I did get to work on tools and even patents during my free time.

Cons

not very much innovative or you wont get to work on cutting edge technologies. Very much suitable for someone who looks to spend much time with his/her family