Oracle - Nice place to work but marketing is a bit ahead of products | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Nice place to work but marketing is a bit ahead of products"

Pros

Good base pay and potential bonus; embraces remote workers; availability of training for pre-sales

Cons

Complex products; not enough focus on customers and their needs; top talent is leaving; need to bring product functionality up to marketing slides

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff
    Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oracle makes great products ad employs some brilliant people. I am in engineering so my comments speak to that organization. The benefits are top notch and the resources are good I.e. the hardware we use etc. No, we do not get our own Exadata full rack!

Cons

It is a big company so there are waves of politics to wade through if you want to get ahead. You. Need to play the game because rest assured, others are. If you really want to advance in engineering, you need to work in Redwood Shores. Also, the bonuses and stock options have been WAY down in recent years at least for our group.

Advice to Management

Stop neglecting your software developers in order to focus on your new hardware acquisitions. We used to be your pride and joy and now it seems we are just supporting the machine.

2. "Great opportunities and work culture!"

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a diverse set of technologies you get to work with.The work culture at this place is great.

Cons

Nothing major.Just need to make sure as an employee that you are transfering between teams and working on multiple projects in order to keep your learning curve good.Else,you might be stuck working on the same module for a long time.