Oracle - Not a bad place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff
Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oracle makes great products ad employs some brilliant people. I am in engineering so my comments speak to that organization. The benefits are top notch and the resources are good I.e. the hardware we use etc. No, we do not get our own Exadata full rack!

Cons

It is a big company so there are waves of politics to wade through if you want to get ahead. You. Need to play the game because rest assured, others are. If you really want to advance in engineering, you need to work in Redwood Shores. Also, the bonuses and stock options have been WAY down in recent years at least for our group.

Advice to Management

Stop neglecting your software developers in order to focus on your new hardware acquisitions. We used to be your pride and joy and now it seems we are just supporting the machine.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Powerful company where wages have been stagnant for the last 12 years for technical persons in the lower 90%."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Powerful company with great access to the latest technology.
    2. By IT standards the work environment is stable for technical persons

Cons

In an effort to have US based ORCL employees compete with ORCL employees in "low cost centers" wages have been frozen for the last 12 years for the lowest performing 90% of the technical employee population.

(CON) That's hard for us techies like myself (a top 20% technical performer) who suffer with a dozen years of slowly falling standard of living.

(PRO) This austerity program has at least kept us lower 90% technicals employed.

Advice to Management

The obsession with low cost centers is not really required for a company with a monopoly like ORCL.

2. "Great opportunities and work culture!"

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a diverse set of technologies you get to work with.The work culture at this place is great.

Cons

Nothing major.Just need to make sure as an employee that you are transfering between teams and working on multiple projects in order to keep your learning curve good.Else,you might be stuck working on the same module for a long time.