Oracle - A great place to be | Glassdoor

"A great place to be"

Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As with any employer, your experience is more a factor of who you are working with and what you are doing. In my case, Oracle has turned out to be the best job I've ever had. I avoided Oracle for years because of its reputation of such a hard driving, aggressive sales force. Instead, I've found a professional culture that respects and values the contributions of SCs. My products work, and they are some of the best in the industry. There is none of the "blame the SC" culture that I've found at other companies when things go wrong. I'm making as much money here as I've ever made. The benefits are some of the best I've ever had. My teammates are knowledgeable and helpful. The hours are reasonable, plus we make overtime due to Oracle's unique comp plan.

Cons

There is a definite competition between different sales groups as Oracle, specifically apps versus tech. That can make it difficult and frustrating for SCs who just want to get the job done while the reps argue account control and strategy.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Better than some, worse than others"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Oracle (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good.
    Workload is acceptable.
    WFH is tolerated.

Cons

Process is stifling.
    Bonuses are stingy.
    Little to no options provided.
    Not a company that innovates, they are just chugging along.

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation.

2. "Great benefits and work flexibility"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work form home at least three days a weeks which is a huge advantage. The benefits are excellent and the people I work with are generally very smart and pleasurable to work with.

Cons

We use all of our own products so it gets very difficult to produce a steady stream of quality work. Once you get the system to work for you it gets upgraded (usually changed to a new application) and the process starts all over again.

You can get promoted but they wont give you the salary for it. But they will hire from the outside and give them market rate. I think that is a corporate practice but it doesn't make for good retention of top talent.

Advice to Management

Use the systems that makes sense to the business unit. The current process takes a professional and makes them an admin.