Oracle - I have been fortunate to work for a great mentor who has helped me grow and take advantage of my time at Oracle. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"I have been fortunate to work for a great mentor who has helped me grow and take advantage of my time at Oracle."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn software development and sales practices from a top software company.
Competitive (not the best but far from the worst) salaries and benefits.
In general, people are treated as professionals with a high level of personal autonomy.

Cons

Typical large corporation problems: Lack of agility when seeking to make changes or introduce innovation (it can take a long time to get things done).
Different groups become silos, introducing competition or mistrust where cooperation should exist.
The compensation processes (raises, promotions, bonuses) are not very transparent, often creating doubt and uncertainty. Hard to fully understand why they are given, or if they'll be given. This stems from a lack of access to upper management for many employees.
This, in turn, comes from the often distributed, home based work force. We don't see each other, which slows team formation and prevents knowledge sharing.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "software engineer"

Pros

great company to work with

Cons

will upload the downsides later

"Draining Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary + commission. Good health benefits. Lots of sharp people. Time off and work like balance is good. Oracle name carries a lot of weight and can open doors when leaving Oracle.

Cons

No training or onboarding process for new reps. Leadership is poor and essentially absent. Company culture is demoralizing. Zero ethics in the sales orgs. Technology tools are humorously outdated and inefficient. Maybe compensation issues in the sales org, constantly finding ways to not pay reps and managers.

Advice to Management

Management is extremely self serving. Oracle should try it's own software to improve business, HR, finance and sales process. Sales org is bloated, way too many people calling on one account. Try putting the customer first. Stop counting your dollars and work to make improvements in the org that will equal more revenue in the end. Make an effort to retain sharp employees, best people are leaving as fast as possible.