Oracle - Good culture inherited from Sun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Good culture inherited from Sun"

Current Employee - Hardware Product and Test Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Hardware Product and Test Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Respect individual
easy getting information from others
easy transfer

Cons

steady salary
schedule pushed to tight

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Would only work there again if my family were starving--literally starving"

Former Employee - Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent compensation, great benefits, nice gym, pleasing campus, good food options, and, because it is a desirable employer, you generally end up working with competent/intelligent colleagues. Also, it is a refreshingly international campus, with many foreign languages to be heard as you walk around.

Cons

I was warned about Oracle's multitudes of miserable employees, but I refused to believe that there were no good departments in such a large and sure-to-be-multifaceted company. And perhaps there are harmonious departments that run smoothly enough, but my experience sadly fit in with the legends circulating in the valley. I witnessed an outrageous degree of politics (every company suffers from this, but Oracle antics exceed the usual). Morale always seemed to be dropping. And it was difficult to simply to our job. Two VPs splitting control over the same product were vying over our little group as just one pawn leading to ultimate control of said product. In vying for our group, both had a hand in almost destroying it. The petty and destructive behavior was completely tolerated in the higher rungs of the organization: the executive VPs were aware of the warfare and did nothing to promote productivity. In the org structure, our little group was always placed under a branch that made it difficult to accomplish anything. I've never had to jump through so many hoops to simply perform the task I had been asked to perform to begin with. I came in so very proud to be an Oracle employee. I recall having the "Sunday blues" with other jobs, but with Oracle, I had the blues on the eve of every workday.

Advice to Management

Simply enable your employees to do their jobs. Your employees are not your enemies. And your equals should not be your enemies. The behavior that is tolerated (perhaps even encouraged?) at the Director, VP, and Senior VP levels is unparalleled! You comprise a bazaar of underhanded political intrigue that seems like it can only damage the ultimate product.

2. "One of the best companies to work with"

Current Employee - Director of Development in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Development in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent learning atmosphere, lot of online courses, one can reach to very senior execs and still get answers, opportunity for growth, ability to transfer from one group to another

Cons

it all depends on your manager