Oracle - Design & Implement & Maintenance && Upgrading Oracle High Available and Single Solutions from 9i to 11gR2 | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Design & Implement & Maintenance && Upgrading Oracle High Available and Single Solutions from 9i to 11gR2"

Former Employee - Oracle in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Oracle in Miami, FL

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like the Oracle World (Design, Install, Configure and Troubleshooting).

Cons

In the Oracle World you need to be prepared to work under pressure. Besides you have to be a fast learner. It is a hard work

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Great opportunity to earn a lot of $ as well as ample opportunity to advance into mngmt"

Current Employee - Applications Sales in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Applications Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation here is among the best in the industry. Half comp in base and half in commission.

Cons

Internal systems are a quagmire! Way too much time spent on internal meetings, training sessions, etc. Ridiculous call stat quotas of 100-150 calls per week are mandated and management will hound you to make them.

Advice to Management

Allow sales people more time to actually sell. Too many distractions make it very difficult to actually focus on making sales calls and sales related activities.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, low-key, wonderful colleagues. Individuals in differing segments of the company respect each other and value individual input for the most part. I am impressed by the fact that insofar as internal stakeholders are concerned - people are responsive and happy to help for the most part.

Cons

I'm not in a revenue generating part of the company, this is a handicap in that while I've had high achievements, accolades and performance reviews - no salary increase for over 2 years.

Advice to Management

The lack of even a small increase in overall salary is not providing motivation to stay put.