Oracle - Selfish and arrogant environment where negativity and blame run rampant. | Glassdoor

"Selfish and arrogant environment where negativity and blame run rampant."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great sales training. Good benefits and compensation. Quality technology. Methods for meeting preparation/ presentations are very good. Good account planning processes.

Cons

Majority of co-workers & management are selfish with no regard for teaming-to-win collaboration. Customers always came LAST at this company. A very self-help type work environment where assistance or guidance is non-existant. Management style is to grind down Sales reps rather than build them up. Inside Sales counterparts compete for same customers with Field Reps resulting in no mutual trust. Account assignments are set in stone with no flexibility for reseeding. Success can be very difficult if you do not have executive support to pull you along. In my opinion, this is a company where your ethical conscience is constantly pressed and tested.

Continue reading
    Oracle2014-01-08
  1. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, awesome benefits

Cons

100% cold calling , competitive, potential for growth dependent upon open spots

Oracle2020-01-02

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    Oracle2014-10-21

Discover more reviews about Oracle.