Oracle - could be better | Glassdoor

"could be better"

Pros

work from home, no pressure, less work, no monitoring

Cons

lots of politics, no raise, bad work environment, not ok

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Scumbag management"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great access to training materials and all the standard benefits that come with working for a large successful tech company. You'll be surrounded with other very driven and talented workers and most likely working on leading-edge tech.

Cons

Management absolutely will not care about your long term career. At all. Story time: I was given an extremely competitive offer by a competitor that one of my close friends worked at. I went in to my manager to resign, saying that while I loved working there this was too much money to pass up. Manager immediately counter offered. It was not as much as what the competitor offered but just being in the same ball-park was enough for me as I wasn't interested in nickle & diming. Signed the paperwork and rejected the offer from the competitor. Weeks go by. Still no raise. Boss says just wait it's coming. Weeks turn to months. I found another job (for even MORE money than the initial offer!) quickly after. I fired an email off to my boss's boss a few hours after handing in my badge describing the situation. He said that was unnacceptable and that he'd be calling me. That was months ago and still no call. If you want a quick few years to hold steady while you look for something else, this company will probably be fine.

Advice to Management

Seriously, you have to do more to hold onto your talent. During my time there I saw extremely talented workers leaving constantly and had no clue why until I got screwed over myself. That kind of behavior is absolutely toxic and it shouldn't be surprising how much you guys are struggling to keep quality products coming because of it.

"Oracle"

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to offer reasonably good Benefits

Cons

Bad management does not care about employee loyalty