Oracle - Some good, some bad, pretty much like everywhere... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Some good, some bad, pretty much like everywhere..."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR
Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of my work is remote and remote workers are supported well. I have good team members on my projects, almost 100% of them are motivated to do the right things. I don't need the medical benefits (I use my spouse's) so I actually get a credit $$ amount in each paycheck. Nice 401K match. Lots of training available online.

Cons

No salary increase companywide in 2013. Bonus amounts - management does not ever share how they are calculated. I never have any idea what I will get. I know several people who have gotten promoted with no salary increase just so they wouldn't leave.

Advice to Management

Reward good performance with salary increases. Don't use salary increases/promotions as a retention tool when someone threatens to leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Proposal manager sheparding sales team to organize, write, format and submit software proposals."

Former Contractor - Proposal Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Proposal Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very professional in all aspects: co-workers, clients (sales teams), management, corporate information needed is well organized. Was able to work from home in inclement weather. I am so impressed with this company that I bought stock after I left.

Cons

I really have no cons about this position. I was sorry that my department could not get an extension for my contract. It started at 6 months and was renewed twice, but no further authorization was available.

2. "It's big. It's really like 10 different companies all working under one title, but having very little overlap"

Pros

Really smart people. The product management team is unbelievable. Because it's so big, you are never at a loss for finding someone who can help and who is fantastic on the subject where you need help. I have learned more working here than I have in any other job, so I'm happy I came

Cons

They don't pay well anymore. I work more hours and make less money than any other job I've had in the industry.

Advice to Management

You have cut so many costs that we don't want to work here anymore. Really talented people are all leaving because so many other companies pay so much more and provide so much more upside. You have to go back to the old compensation model where people are willing to put up with the challenges of Oracle because they make so much money. Without a big comp plan, you're just a big company that is difficult to navigate