Oracle - Project Leader | Glassdoor

"Project Leader"

Former Employee - Project Leader
Former Employee - Project Leader

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Human Capital Management - world class, highly transparent and friendly. They teach you that your Manager is your HR Manager to make fully immersed in the teamwork environment and cultivate strong bond with the team. But when it comes to heart talk and contingencies you can fully confine in your HR and they make you feel taken care of like at home.
I have loved working for Oracle as a worthy employer - the first and greatest reason for that is my on-boarding process at Oracle, they rare and enlightening meetings with HR and the grace with which they bid adieu to you. It was unique when I was walking out of their doors I had a proud feeling of trust and shared values that were saying to me that I will never mind coming back to this employer or enabling a 100 more people join them for a meaningful workplace experience.

Cons

Management needs to grow up to their highly qualified talent's career expectations. Need to be more open and liberal to embrace individual aspirations. Good thing is that Oracle as a giant and well structured organization has a broad scope for allowing horizontal movements and often times it is more about lateral moves than about the vertical progression. The HR is cognizant of the advantages of letting employees thrive on opportunities, however the management creates undue barriers.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Perfect for Flexibility"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most positions give a high degree of flexibility, allowing you to work from home and make your own hours as long as you prove yourself. Work-life balance is also very achievable here.

Cons

Make sure you come in at the highest compensation possible because certain departments have an almost impossible time getting raises for even the highest performing employee. This includes promotions with little to no pay. Although pay is why most people leave, once they hit that 2 year mark to be able to come back many return at a higher pay.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain key employees, be willing to match what competitors are offering to take them.

2. "Very positive experience"

Pros

Very flexible management
    Strong team leadership
    Good people, work environment is very relaxed
    Work life balance is really great at Oracle

Cons

Pay could be a little better and the pace of the release and work can be stagnant and even slow at times.