Oracle - Great campus environment with a mixture of ethnic groups building and maintaining top tier software. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Great campus environment with a mixture of ethnic groups building and maintaining top tier software."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with various types of software, working with good people and MOST people are very easy to work with and are happy to help with about anything. There is tons of knowledge at Oracle, both in the brains of the employees and many different resources that is all available to employees. Vacation time is about par with other companies, casual dress pretty much every day, and training available at your desk or in a classroom setting is available. Perks from dress code to cafes and restaurant type dining in the lobby of each building (and each is a different cuisine,) cell phone discounts, as well as other personal purchase discounts. Finally, you are mostly left alone do your work. I have not yet had a micro-manager. and Oracle is the big fish. No one is going to challenge Oracle right now.

Cons

A large majority of our co-workers are in India, which makes meeting times either very early US time (late India time) or very late US time (very early India time. Many processes can be and should be automated, and very little top down information (executive management down to us where the rubber hits the road, so to speak.

Advice to Management

More information on annual benefits earlier (maybe in May we can be told that this and that annual benefits will happen (not for all of course) and this and that will not happen this year. Also, I hope the executive management continues with the method they are using to handle and spend money wisely. Lastly, the market is moving and it's time to award those that you want to stick around.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Overall it is good."

Current Employee - Principal Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Office culture is good, benefit is also good.

Cons

compensation is pretty bad now-a-days for long term employees.

"Oracle is a good company to work for. Schedule flexibility and opportunity to move within the company."

Current Employee - Manager Product Support in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager Product Support in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best things at Oracle is the flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Little change in salary and growth to the next level. Bonus is dwindling as the years go by.

Advice to Management

Employee morale is low and addressing that would be a good start.