Oracle - Very challenging dynamic environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Very challenging dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Oracle Enterprise Architect in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Oracle Enterprise Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Comprehensive technology portfolio and talent, Network of resources to rely on in a bind, Flexible working policy, work life balance, Moderate to competive pay

Cons

Large organization - almost zero empowerment at senior management ranks. Good ideas often don't go far in terms of seeing them put in action.

Advice to Management

Rewarding employees for stellar work, Change with the times that we live in with creative out of the box ways of fostering and encouraging development of innovative solutions to address the challenging problems of today and tomorrow.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Challenging work, great benefits and people, below average wage"

Former Employee - King of Prussia in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - King of Prussia in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of challenging work and opportunities to continue/advance your career. Most of the people there are extremely professional and pleasant to work with. The benefits are the best I've ever had.

Cons

I received great reviews during my 4 years at Oracle. However, not once did I receive a raise. I was promoted 3 times - no raise.

Advice to Management

You need to evaluate your employee wages. The cost of living goes up - you need to compensate your employees so they too can afford the things upper management takes for granted. When you promote someone, give them a raise. 95+% of the companies out there do this, what makes you so special that you don't? You need to provide incentive for employees, other than you work for Oracle and Larry Ellison.

2. "Great company benefits and lots of diverse groups to draw experience from"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Excellent gym and great food
    fantastic overall work-life balance
    A great opportunity to build your networking as the coworkers are really smart people coming from various other companies in the bay area

Cons

Company is too big to easily lose sight of the end goal in your day job
    Company promotes an independent contributor work culture and less of a team sense
    Middle management can be more efficient

Advice to Management

Continue working on all the great things you do, but promote a team-focused work culture and reduce middle management