Oracle - Excellent company with plenty of opportunities to advance. Great professionals and interesting projects! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Excellent company with plenty of opportunities to advance. Great professionals and interesting projects!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Flexible hours and the ability to work from home. Great people and interesting projects. Excellent benefits and flexible hours. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Bureaucracy and salary increases are rare.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

"Look elsewhere"

Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were approachable and helpful. The campus is pretty and the food is really good.

Cons

Management in the college recruiting team is either absent and/or inept. The work environment is very critical and negative, new hire training is a joke and most perm employees do everything they can to avoid being accountable or doing their jobs. The recruiters seem nice but complain about each other behind their backs which makes you wonder what they are saying about you. You can't trust anyone here. There is a huge lack of leadership and respect for all the people in the office who are really doing the work. The best employees are not the ones in charge and this creates a lot of resentment. Most people I got to know here were unhappy and looking to find a new job.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the office so you can see how things really are. Reward the best employees, not the people who are kissing up to you.

"It all depends where your at!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is great, no micro managing, and access to lots of senior people. But I'm in a unique position which allows that. I have a boss that give me autonomy, and support from senior leaders to act in the best interest of my program.

Cons

The internal bureaucracy is horrible. Internal systems such as expense reporting, procurement, tech support, and any other system for employees is garbage. Employee apps are crap, and internal software is dated and not intuitive. Compensation is slightly below average for tech companies, but not for other Fortune 500's

Advice to Management

Fix the internal system, don't make it so hard for the rank and file to get help. Use our own commercial products to help make employees more productive. Give raises, treat your people like you want them to stay.