KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises

Oct 21, 2014 - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    1223 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Aug 23, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and flexibility

Cons

I really do not have any cons but the limited bonus provided to employees

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

No glits and glamour, but it's the real stuff.

Sep 2, 2022 - UX Design intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really valued how well seasoned the designers are, how personable the senior VPs are, and how MUCH I learned through the types of projects that Oracle gave us. I think the people in the c-suite make ALL the difference in this industry and in the program. The VPs meeting and greeting interns, working with us, wanting our input, and empowering us to take ownership of our projects, thats the kind of senior VPS you want, and those are the ones that we have. Shout out to Jenny and Hillel for creating a work environment that makes us excited to work on these products. - The work-life balance is GREAT. - The pay is market-value (pretty strong for entry!). - SO much opportunity to build good repertoire with mentors and senior staff. I genuinely feel proud of the project i worked on. The amount that I learned through the mentors that I had in my team.... that's invaluable.

Cons

I think Oracle is more corporate and a bit less glamorous in terms of the types of projects you’ll work on bc it’s a legacy company that deals with enterprise products. Its no google or netflix with how the company is run nor is it the type of products you may find fun to design bc those companies normally create direct consumer products. Also, It was a bit lacking in the socializing department bc it was remote, so if you’re looking for something that allows you to interact with your peers, oracle’s intern program may not be for you. The internship org did their best to help us gel, and I could appreciate that. Plus, they could be in-person next year so that might be different.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oracle.

Oracle Photos

+ Add Photo
Oracle photo of: Oracle
Oracle photo of: DELTE ME ME ME da wsda sda sda d
Oracle photo of: #OracleVolunteers in Austin
Oracle photo of: #OracleVolunteers in Mexico delivered dog food and lots of TLC to our furry friends at an animal shelter.
Oracle photo of: 2018 Out and Equal Workplace Summit
Oracle photo of: Oracle Women's Leadership pledging their commitments for #BalanceforBetter
Oracle photo of: Meet some of the brains that are building next-generation cloud solutions in Budapest

Oracle Job Seekers Also Viewed