Oracle - Great people but bad luck | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

"Great people but bad luck"

Former Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Excellent pay and ability to expand the breadth of your responsibilities. The management was very privy to market conditions and knew exmployees should be well compensated to ensure we keep our core team stable. This may have been pricey but in the long run allowed us to produce a high quality product given our resources. All levels of people in the company always treated each other with a tremendous amount of respect even when the going got rough.

Cons

Small company with little resources. There was always too much to do and not enough people to do it. Also we were very customer centric so we changed direction as a company whenever a customer suggested it.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on a single goal and path

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. "Oracle = Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Reston, VA

Pros

You learn A LOT. Oracle is the Harvard of software companies, when you decide to leave (and 95% of the good reps do) you'll find yourself being offered 2-3 times as much as you do there.

Cons

NO Advancement for Jr Sales people

Advice to Management

BETTER PROMOTION PATHS TO SR LEVEL SALES!

2. "Oracle - neither here not there!"

Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, salaries are good ( could be better) Oracle provides training courses on its software to its non-IT employees and allows its employees to work remotely quite often. It is possible that you and your manager will not be in the same office or even the same city. This takes some of the pressure of people who hate being micro-managed

Cons

Not a lot of bonuses or and no real proft sharing....not a lot of raises so get your high salary up front...Oracle could do better in providing more or at least significant employee perks instead of the ones that we can't use.

Advice to Management

Get away from old ideas. If you are going to tell everyone that Oracle's software is the best, can you at least make sure that the same software works for your employees?