Orange Lake Resorts - Sales and Marketing-driven organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orange Lake Resorts

"Sales and Marketing-driven organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Orange Lake Resorts full-time

Pros

If you are in the Sales & Marketing org,t hen your bonus checks are very nice during good years which is often.
Annual passes to the theme parks
If you are a strong performer, you could move up quickly, but expect to work 6-days a week.
Privately owned company vs public traded timeshare company AND the Wilson family is the real deal although they aren't around much (understandably so).

Cons

The employees and company are not as truthful as they could be about the product (timeshare) to potential buyers. If you do not work in Sales & Marketing, you aren't valued by the organization. Sales & Marketing run the show and it's obvious.
Their turnover is extremely high for a number of reasons such as long work hours/day for all levels (nice if you are hourly employee), there is no such thing as work-life balance.

Advice to Management

I'd like them to take a real look at their culture and how that drives turn over.

Other Employee Reviews for Orange Lake Resorts

"Run!!"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Orange Lake Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not Applicable. Casual attire working environment does nothing to compensate the unprofessionalism and lack of leadership.

Cons

Micro managing by middle management, poor leadership and communication, high turn over rate, targeting of certain employees, backstabbing, lack of equipment and resource allocation. Unprofessional, hostile working environment.

Advice to Management

OLCC is by far the worst place I've ever worked. Complete lack of leadership at all levels. Excessive micromanagement and backstabbing by non management personnel. Disgusting facility, insufficient resources and equipment to perform essential job functions.

I would highly advise against anyone accepting a highlevel position there.

As a Sr. Engineer I was immediately targeted as a threat by other non management team members within a week. The tension at the workplace could be cut with a knife as employees didn't have the resources or processes necessary to perform their jobs.

Multiple team members that hated each other and controlling micromanaging BA SCRUM master. Team members swearing and arguing in the IT department. I was frowned upon and became an easy target when I addressed this type of behavior as unacceptable to a non hostile working environment.

Thank the lord they found me to be, 'not a great fit' as I probably would've ended up throwing myself off the second story balcony had I continued to have to deal with the childish, insecure, sociopathic behavior displayed by some of the individuals on their IT staff.

It took me more than two weeks to get close to acquiring the equipment resources I needed to effectively do my job at which point I still didn't have what I needed.

The last engineer that had my position before me actually just got up and left without notice or coming back. The first day I got there the Product Manager resigned clearly because of conflict from aggressive micro managing middle management. Very high turn over rate.

Many large national IT Staffing companies have chosen not to work with OLCC due largely in part to their unprofessional conduct and poor reputation.

Run!

2. "Amazing atmosphere"

Current Employee - TImeshare Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - TImeshare Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Orange Lake Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about the company is good. The pay is incredible and it is a very family oriented environment

Cons

The training is a little tough, but once you're on the floor getting the calls... it becomes easier

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!