Orange Regional Medical Center - It is a mixed blessing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orange Regional Medical Center

"It is a mixed blessing."

Pros

Decent pay close to home. Knowledgeable co-workers who really care about the job and work for the patient's best interests despite some of the working conditions. Excellent team players.

Cons

staff is verbally abused and spoken down to. Staffing ratios are often ignored or deliberately broken and staff is berated and threatened with write-ups for protesting additional patient in unsafe ( highly acute) situations. Transfer of patients from floor to floor is timed and staff is harassed during transfer creating potentially unsafe conditions. Constantly told " ...we don't staff for what ifs..." when short staffed.

Advice to Management

Please respect that the staff has a commitment to excellence in patient care and wants absolute respect for our organization in our community. This is hard to accomplish when we are short staffed and are missing equipment and supplies. Our managers are too busy watching the budget to see if the staff is exhausted and stressed, and are themselves pushed to stress us further. Be aware that the patients and their families DO notice.
    Remember that we too are part of the community. Some us us are going elsewhere to have services done because we are too well aware of working conditions and shortages and wish to keep our families safe.
     We hear from other community members, who know that we work there, when they have had bad experiences. How do we hold our head up with pride when we know what's going on and can't justify it to our neighbors?
      Please help make us proud to be a part of the ORMC family again.

Other Employee Reviews for Orange Regional Medical Center

1. "Good place to work at"

Pros

Very friendly working environment
    Good place to learn new skillsets

Cons

The cafeteria food can be a bit better with more options

2. "Network"

I have been working at Orange Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Great Place to work, nice people

Cons

Fast paced environment, a lot of moving pieces