OrangeSoda - Great place to work, great place to learn, lots of on the job training. Fun culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OrangeSoda

"Great place to work, great place to learn, lots of on the job training. Fun culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I worked at OrangeSoda full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of upside as far as career path and room to move to different departments and learn new things. Great co-workers, I loved the people that I worked with at OrangeSoda. Plenty of opportunities to share, try things and loved the flexibility.

Cons

I didn't hear a ton about what was going on in other groups/departments. Not a clear way to get raises. Felt like bonus structure changed a lot.

Advice to Management

Be more open and more cross-sharing of information, goals and team knowledge.

Other Employee Reviews for OrangeSoda

1. "Committed to the Success of the Company and Employees"

I have been working at OrangeSoda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before applying for a job at OrangeSoda, I looked at reviews on glassdoor and questioned whether or not I wanted to work there due to some of the concerns that were highlighted. During the interview process I asked the hiring manager questions directly from the posted feedback. The hiring manager addressed each of the issues by acknowledging the feedback and discussing changes that had taken place/were taking place in the company. I felt very satisfied and confident in continuing to pursue a position with the company.

Pros – Evolving culture that promotes having fun at work while still being committed to achieving goals and initiatives. The executive team is very personable and takes time to interact with and know the employees. After a reported rocky start-up, there now seems to be much more stability in the growth and direction of the company. The recent Deluxe acquisition has provided additional resources and support, while allowing OrangeSoda to maintain their own branding and identity. Everyone I have worked with has been awesome – friendly, helpful, supportive, and eager to contribute to make the company great.

Cons

The previous level of turnover has led to many employee programs started and then dropped. Formal on-the-job training and employee development has been one of them. To the credit of the company leadership, this has been identified as one of the top five company priorities and resources have been allocated to address this gap.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on supporting and investing in employees as they are your #1 asset. Involve employees in decision making and goal setting so they feel they are just as much a part of the success of the company as the leaders are.

2. "Growing Company in a Growing Space"

Current Employee - Marketing Professional in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Professional in American Fork, UT

I have been working at OrangeSoda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OrangeSoda was acquired in 2012 by a larger company leaving a lot of employees questioning their job security. They are now far enough past the acquisition stage that the uncertainty has settled and the positive effects are taking over. Despite having a rocky start (which most start-ups experience in the first few years), OrangeSoda is now very actively growing in revenue, employee count, and in the online marketing space both locally and nationally.

Additionally, there is a fantastic sense of community. There are a large number of coworkers that hang out after work or on the weekends, plan trips together, and just plain get along with each other. OrangeSoda tries to encourage camaraderie by hosting parties, movie nights, and family events. The company even has a summer long program that encourages employees to have active lifestyles including health challenges, weekly competitions, and a ton of prizes to go along with it.

Cons

In alignment with other reviews, OrangeSoda is not the best at communication. This has dramatically improved over the past two years, but there is still a bit of a disconnect. In addition, the transition between start-up and where they are now has been a whirlwind that I don't think anyone in executive management was expecting. There are still a few operating kinks that need to be worked out in the aftermath of the acquisition.

Advice to Management

Set up a clear communication plan through proper channels so that all employees are made aware of major changes in a timely manner.