Orbital Sciences - I have been with Orbital for 17 years now and I have never wanted to leave, so you could say I love my experience here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences

"I have been with Orbital for 17 years now and I have never wanted to leave, so you could say I love my experience here."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

The work here is not boring; there is always a launch or a contract win (or loss) or something going on.
The health care is awesome. In addition to having great insurance, they have montly awareness brown bag lunches, webinars, etc.
I feel comfortable talking to upper management staff. You can make an appointment with them and speak to them at any time. They even offer brown bag lunch sessions for an open floor to tell them your complaint or make a suggestion.

Cons

No matter what company you're with, it is not going to be perfect. Maybe you have a coworker that is hard to share an office with, or following corporate policy is a pain but all in all, I have not had any major issues here. I think that if you are working at a non-Orbital location, it may be harder to do a few things (like using the intranet for training).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! :)

Other Employee Reviews for Orbital Sciences

1. "Great deal of responsibility, early in career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Pros

very smart workforce. Exciting to be around

Cons

Promoted Engineers as Managers does not always work.

"Its a management/leadership centric company but is reliable and provides a clear path for growth."

Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Dulles, VA

Pros

Reliable amount of work. If you like management and leadership or Systems Engineering, it can be a great company. Decent repuation.

Cons

Not engineering or research centric. Interesting engineering work can be far and few between. The best work is fought over. Absolutely horrible situation for office space. Even the most senior engineers get cubicles or have to share offices. Oftentimes you move offices 4 times a year. Most engineering jobs available can amount to just pushing paper. Any innovation relies on superhero engineers. Space based work usually uses 20 year old technology.

Advice to Management

Create a R&D branch with real engineers and scientists. Orbital has forgotten how to innovate or create anything worthwhile.