Orbitz Worldwide - Finally, a few reviews with the truth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

"Finally, a few reviews with the truth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good location, casual work environment, zero accountability means that you don't need to stress about actually meeting a deadline because it will definitely be pushed back.

Cons

The recent reviews "Promises, Promises" and “Lots of smart people but the leadership team is too detached to actually see the huge foundational problems around them” are both extremely accurate. It strikes me as very ironic that Orbitz recruits smart people and then thinks it can lie to them about how great things are within the company. Smart people can see when half their team leaves to take new jobs in a matter of a few months. They can see when two top level execs: the CFO (who was there less than 2 years) and President of Partner Services resign in the same week. They can see when Orbitz isn’t turning a profit quarter after quarter and year after year. And, they can see when bonuses are not paid out and raises are a pittance. I think that Orbitz bragging to employees about its AMAZING Glassdoor report card has actually prompted some employees and former employees to write accurate reviews about the way things really are. Attempting to pull the wool over employees’ eyes isn’t working—it’s making smart employees angry.

And as a side note, the company does actively ask HR as well as the entire company to give it positive reviews on Glassdoor.

Advice to Management

The board needs take a look at the hard numbers: turnover, earnings and stock price. Then proceed to get rid of the management that has been at the helm for all of it.

Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

"Good people and a lot of freedom"

Former Employee - Senior Account Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Can work from home at least once a week
    -If you're hard-working, you have the freedom to work as you'd like without a lot of oversight
    -Great benefits including gym membership
    -Great location
    -Great, fun co-workers
    -When I was there, the avg. age was around 27, so young workforce

Cons

-Lots of work; sometimes work/life balance was not balanced

Advice to Management

All the management that was there when I was there is no longer there.

"Every day I have the opportunity to make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people are great, the technology is complex and interesting and the company is always making changes to make our sites better.

Cons

I think the pay could be more competitive. I'd like to see more more hard-line decisions made about technology. Find the expert in an area and have them give direction. Too often, people are allowed to influence decisions they are not qualified to make.