Orbitz Worldwide - Fast-paced & challenging working environment. Unique corporate culture for a large organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

"Fast-paced & challenging working environment. Unique corporate culture for a large organization."

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Product Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been with Orbitz for a few months, but so far my experience has been a positive one.

The interview process was efficient & helpful. The recruiter who I worked with was very quick to respond to my inquiries & concerns. The background check process was a little ridiculous -- one of my prior employers had shredded all of my documentation -- but the team was quick to help me remedy my issue.

The onboarding process was very smooth & I'm impressed with the number of team-oriented and professional/personal improvement events that have been hosted in such a short amount of time. I was set up with two mentors within my first month of employment, and we continue weekly meetings so that I can bounce ideas/concerns off of individuals within the organization who are not within my immediate team. That's pretty refreshing & a nice sounding board. In addition, the organization just launched the Women of Orbitz panel which has been a fun and educational program thus far. It's evident that Orbitz is trying to supply its employees with different outlets for growth.

My work has been challenging and I'm really enjoying the team that I am on. Everyone is very supportive about helping me get acclimated to the job.

Cons

There are way too many meetings. Teams have meetings to talk about upcoming meetings. I'm finding it difficult to balance the number of meetings that I'm attending with my work load, and I'm hoping that will improve with time because there is no sense in meeting just to meet!

Advice to Management

Continue offering the professional growth/internal networking opportunities that you've provided so far. It's a great effort & I'd like to see these programs grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

1. "Pleasently intense - learn a lot of new technology"

Former Intern - Systems Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Systems Administrative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

cutting edge technology and smart co-workers

Cons

none as far as I know

2. "Coordinator"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work schedule flexibility. Respectful of time.

Cons

There are too many meetings.