Orbitz Worldwide - Great people, great industry, great tech - always a new challenge and opportunity to lead and learn | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

"Great people, great industry, great tech - always a new challenge and opportunity to lead and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is rare you can work at a company that gets to build products for an industry (travel) that is changing as much as it has in the past few years. With the advent of mobile, consumers are traveling in totally different ways and Orbitz is a great place to apply cutting edge technology to these new opportunities. People at Orbitz are smart, very tech savvy, but approachable and willing to learn. Teams genuinely strive to do great work and make a difference in the space. From a ecommerce and mobile commerce perspective - nothing comes close in the Midwest in terms of a place to work that drives this many global transactions and scale.

Cons

The market is competitive and Orbitz hasn't been able yet to really hit its stride. This contrast is drawn sharper by recent competitive wins. Employees are fairly loyal and have been yearning to achieve a breakout year/performance that seems to be just beyond reach. The good news here is that people are genuinely interested in seeing the company and their fellow employees succeed and through their determination/savvy may eventually make it so.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus. Build unique and valuable products.

Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

1. "Orbitz continues to offer me opportunities to grow my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work pays off. Orbitz has yet to disappoint me in terms of offering me more responsibility and opportunities to grow. I feel that my boss and the leadership team are invested in me. There are a lot of passionate people at this company. Passionate about the work we do, about technology, about helping other people. The people are another big part of the reason that I have stayed here.

Cons

We try to do too much. Being a full service OTA with numerous brands makes it difficult to focus.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits to be more competitive with technology companies out west and back east.

2. "Excellent senior leadership, lots of exciting innovation and wide range of career opportunities"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- very strong senior leadership team - deep travel and technology expertise
    - wide range of career opportunities across departments, businesses, geographies
    - open to new ideas and innovation across all levels of of the company
    - lots of upside as company continues to grow
    - Lots of very smart people, with everyone very friendly and approachable

Cons

- Uphill battle against 2 much bigger companies in a very competitive market
    - Businesses all run fairly independently

Advice to Management

- Allow more people to move into international roles
    - Provide more routine updates on company performance