Orbitz Worldwide - Geek Paradise | Glassdoor

"Geek Paradise"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator I in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Systems Administrator I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great benefits packages. The location in Chicago is awesome. Everyone that I have encountered from peers to middle and upper management have all been top notch, dedicated, and a joy to work with. Exposure to fast-paced cutting edge technology is awesome. The training so far has been great.

Cons

There are honestly none that I can think of at this point. My last sentence used 12 words, so I just needed a few more to hit the 20 word minimum :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the light-hearted environment!

Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

1. "Innovative and fun culture"

Former Employee - Business Hospitality in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Hospitality in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, good work/life balance. The company listens to its employees and typically implements changes to address concerns. I enjoyed working at Orbitz.

Cons

Upward career mobility is lacking and I feel the company could do better with respect to its career advancement and on the job training programs.

2. "Hundreds of people working together to get the right thing done with as little effort to help customers travel well."

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Orbitz allows its employees to do whatever is best for them to meet the missing to unlock the joy of travel for the customers.
    If you are willing to put in the effort to find, quantify, and solve a problem, you will be given the power and authority to accomplish your goal and expand your career.
    The only limiting factor at Orbitz is you. You are able to take on as many challenges as you like and to learn as much as you like. In exchange you will be compensated well.

Cons

While there is never politics and bureaucracy, there is a tendency toward extreme consensus before improvements can be made while new features are easily adopted with no concrete expression of ROI.
    Company-wide bonus metrics are not available on demand and available in ways that could really be actionable on a day to day basis for a majority of employees. In some years this has made the lack of a bonus a surprise.

Advice to Management

Create an environment where the right thing is the easiest thing.
    Use performance metrics that are actionable on a day to day basis for a majority of employees.