Oregon Department of Human Services - Haven't started yet | Glassdoor
  1. "Haven't started yet"

I have been working at Oregon Department of Human Services full-time

Pros

Good communication from the supervisor

Cons

Background check taking too long. Got hired a month ago and can't start until background check approval.

Oregon Department of Human Services2018-10-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Provides rewarding opportunitys to make a difference in the lives of those we serve."

Current Employee - Training and Development Specialist in Salem, OR

I have been working at Oregon Department of Human Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most positions are union represented and provide not only contractual benefits like health insurance and retirement benefits, but with voluntary union membership, employees have access to benefits like free college, pet, life and legal insurance as well.

Cons

We serve vulnerable Oregonians and the need for our services can be daunting. Budget constraints, staffing levels and an antiquated computer system can negatively impact working conditions.

Advice to Management

It is not possible to provide for staff that which you do not yourself have. Please hold your peers accountable for unprofessional behavior and be intentional about creating an environment of psychological safety for yourselves and your employees.

Oregon Department of Human Services2019-02-14
    2. "A great place to start"

Former Employee - Social Worker in Portland, OR

I worked at Oregon Department of Human Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some wonderful people who truly care about children and families

Cons

Horrible culture. Management needs an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with the same dignity and respect you would treat children and families.

Oregon Department of Human Services2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about Oregon Department of Human Services.