Organic - Grass is greener here | Glassdoor

"Grass is greener here"

Current Employee - Creatively Happy in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Creatively Happy in Troy, MI

I have been working at Organic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for here for over 6 months and it's so refreshing to work at a place that really cares about their staff. People are really nice, quality of like is great, no crazy long hours like other places. Yes occasionally we have to put in the hours but it's client work and it's the industry. Upper management is pretty down to earth and approachable. They make a real effort to keep us informed. Not like my last company where we were never told anything and the management team was a bunch of egomaniacs.

Cons

They definitely have a lot of dead wood that needs to be pitched. It's been frustrating to have my "tenured" cronies complain about everything yet they don't do any work. There seems to be many here. Some of these people should see the grass is always greener but your in one hell of a green pasture at Organic.

Advice to Management

Pitch the dead wood it's killing your morale and their ungrateful jerks

Other Employee Reviews for Organic

"Fantastic culture and top industry talent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Organic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Organic really encouraged development and provided ample opportunity for growth within the agency. The people were very personable and extremely talented. It was a culture of autonomy and there was a ton of flexibility in getting the work done.

Cons

As is the case with the industry overall, Organic had multiple layoffs during my time there; sometimes several within a calendar year.

Advice to Management

There has been complete turnover in leadership over the last two years which has, from what I've heard, allowed for some very positive changes. No advice to give.

"At a tipping point"

I worked at Organic full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, interesting clients and awesome co-workers. Perks are pretty standard for the industry, but the employees made the most of the opportunities (e.g. Department sponsored events).

Cons

Promotions and raises are very far and few between. In the past 6 months, I feel that morale has dropped to an all time low but management doesn't really seem to be doing anything about it.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the Talent as the CEO had laid out as TWF (Talent, Work and Finances)...Right now it's more like WTF.