Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exceptional company with exciting products, friendly people and a great culture!

Sep 18, 2020 - Digital Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

An inclusive, people orientated culture with a real sense of family. Having relocated here from the east coast, my first year with Oshkosh (Global) has been an exciting mixture of technical challenges, new friends and experiences, and a friendly atmosphere. My management has given me the flexibility to propose and execute new and innovative ideas to help the company, which is particularly important to me. I like the People First approach, something that was lacking in some of my previous industry's experiences. And I've gotten to visit multiple factories and experience the company's very cool line of truck products first hand. :) I also appreciate the well balanced approach taken with regards to COVID, with a well thought out plan to effectively balance CDC recommendations with work requirements. I particularly like the socially distanced, alternating weeks of work from home/work in the office approach, as I need to interact with others on a personal basis from time to time to still feel part of the team. And while nobody likes wearing masks, everybody pitches in and does the right thing. Overall, coming to Oshkosh was a great career move for me!

Cons

The cold, windy weather in winter requires acclimation, as the building is on the shores of a lake making for a rather frozen walk in from the parking lot at times. The wide open floor plan also takes some getting used to, as I am used to a little more privacy when I work. Lastly, the lake fly season this past spring really took me by surprise, requiring a mask being worn to walk out to my car in the morning - which had nothing to do with COVID. Fortunately they don't bite and go away after a week or two.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Welding

Oct 12, 2021 - Welder in Jefferson City, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission and place to work

Cons

Pay could be better and the welding test is something that you don’t even need on the line

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Factory

Oct 9, 2021 - Factory Worker in Celina, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company to work for

Cons

Good money for rural small community

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oshkosh Corporation.