Otter Products - Good Intentions Bad Execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Otter Products

"Good Intentions Bad Execution"

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, Good Intentions, Fruit delivery

Cons

The company is in transition and due to that you never know what your goals are. Change management is being handled poorly. There is a mass exodus of current employees.

Advice to Management

Talk to the workers not just the managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Otter Products

1. "Amazing place to work"

Current Intern - Software Test and QA Automation in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Intern - Software Test and QA Automation in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at OtterBox.
    Company culture is great. Pay is fair, I am an intern.
    I learn a lot and I am enjoying what I do!

Cons

To be honest, none so far.
    It is hard to get a full time position with job security, it is competitive, but that is not the company's fault - everyone wants to work there so competition is fierce!!

Advice to Management

More nerf guns

"so much potential yet so far away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Otter Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pretty decent perks...free soda and beer dispensers, casual meeting atmospheres (many held in lobby and outside), casual dress code, monthly "bucket" profit sharing bonus payouts...Oct and Nov provided many employees with full additional pay end of month just in time for holidays. can't keep up with growth so always expanding work space to assure comfort

Cons

working in the 20th century systems wise. Many manual process (no EDI, no ERP or MRP), no true WMS or landed cost model. Chargebacks are just paid and not investigated to improve upon and increase margins....company makes 80% gross margin on goods but settles for 30-40% net after all manual processes. Could have easily been a billion $ company with a little effort,. Sales team allows for cancellations and returns with out a penalty program as if they are still a $50 million company fighting for sales. Some leadership doesn't hold proper groups accountable (i.e. product managers and buyers, America's supply chain, etc) Same people in management roles not improving but blaming others instead, very immature. Company constantly is chasing business. They don't hold factories accountable which fosters repeat behavior. Almost always misses launches yet same team still in place continuing same mistakes. Over ordered 1 million units and had to cancel because they don't truly understand their customer like they think they do, they have 25 year old kids making decisions with no experience. Internet business is 10 years old in service. Go ahead and research how to get warranty replacement. Data on many exec reports manipulated to make certain groups look better than they actually are performing.. so much more but hands getting tired. Left company at beginning of year on my own. Just wasn't worth the anxiety and frustration. CEO talks about opportunity yet HR (or known as Otter Relations - OR) doesn't support "not in budget", "no room for change", "can't change divisions", etc

Advice to Management

Open your eyes as you are being mislead by the ones you trust the most. You have some individuals there with tremendous talent that get it and can help you but you trust the wrong ones...just being held back because of egos and agendas. Look at some LinkedIn profiles of current employees, find the hidden talent. I believe customers will start looking elsewhere for the same product soon from companies who can deliver on time and in full to support their sales.