Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) - Wonderful mission, wonderful people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana)

"Wonderful mission, wonderful people"

Current Employee - Director in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Employee - Director in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong faith-based mission with a clear sense of values. Every day begins by focusing on the mission. Everything about the hospital stems from the values. Employees are friendly and helpful to one another and to guests.

Cons

Can move slowly at times due to large size. Facility can be a maze to navigate at first. Management style is not always proactive about handling inefficient or poor performing employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana)

"Understaffed, Dirty, No Employee Support, High Turnover"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

I am shocked that this place is considered a Magnet facility. I believe that will be changing with the next review. Thankfully, the facility has some great talent in physicians (Trauma Surgery, Ortho, and Critical Care)

Cons

Morale is horrible as units are consistently staffed below the recommended staffing matrix. Some units are staffed not only one nurse short, but several nurses short. The facility is dirty with lots of dust and stains on the walls, ceiling, and floors. Nurses are overworked and underpaid and have absolutely no support from management. Transport and ER stretchers have yet to be sanitized since I began my employment with the facility three years ago. For a major hospital, we have only one operating CT machine often which delays diagnostic studies for inpatients and ER patients. Senior level nursing administration is very demeaning to nursing staff and threaten employees frequently. The turnover is extremely high and the opportunity for advancement is poor. The employee insurance package, benefits, and salary for nursing and allied health staff is an insult.

Advice to Management

1) Treat employees respectful. 2) Clean up the place. 3) Restructure the management team. 4) Listen to patient's, visitors, and employees and act on improvement recommendations. 5) Quit building additional space when you are unable to adequately and safely staff the current capacity. 6) Learn what security at a real hospital is like. 7) Follow the law and your own policies.

2. "A total learning experience prevents the job from becoming stagnant"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Multidisciplinary Team Work Encouraged always

Cons

Extremely fast paced working environment