Our Lady of the Lake University - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - A Technology Staffer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - A Technology Staffer in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The best reasons to work at OLLU are the family atmosphere and general friendliness of the place. Most employees get along very well with one another and people who don't fit in tend not to stay around. Most employees are competent and hard working, and everyone has the best interests of the students in mind. Many of us "go the extra mile" to solve problems, especially when we know that the person has already had trouble in solving a particular problem.

Cons

The only downside is that some of the offices and employees don't communicate well with other offices and employees that they are supposed to have close contact with. Case in point: Financial Aid and the Business Office. You'd think it would kill a member of one office to walk 20 feet and talk to someone in the other office. Instead, they just bounce a student back and forth between them, never making it easy to solve problems.

Advice to Management

I want senior management to know how hard it is for students to get enrolled. No one in the business offices seems to want to take responsibility for getting things done. I know about students who were trying to enroll, but gave up because of all the difficulty. It is a serious problem for OLLU.

Other Employee Reviews for Our Lady of the Lake University

1. "Overall Good Place To Work"

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake University full-time

Pros

Beautiful campus; kind, well-meaning employees; meaningful mission and values; opportunities to really contribute and make a difference both to the university and in the lives of students; flexibility and work-life balance

Cons

Many staff and faculty wear several hats, so overworking and burnout are common. Recent changes in leadership have created a certain degree of uncertainty. Changes in the educational landscape of San Antonio have made private higher education a challenging place to be right now.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Train your managers and supervisors to address burnout. Communicate openly and honestly. Create opportunities to interact with staff in authentic ways.

2. "Graduate Assitant"

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake University part-time

Pros

The coworkers are great to work with

Cons

The pay could be a lot better