Overlake Medical Center and Clinics - The most stressful time of my life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

"The most stressful time of my life."

Pros

Wonderful patients including their families.

Cons

Women coworkers on the labor and delivery unit including charge nurses, and supervisors were mean and venegeful!

Other Employee Reviews for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

1. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hospital. They have top outcomes and patient satisfaction is high. For nursing the job is definitely better than average. My staffing ratio is great here. I work in the ED. The salary is on par for what I expect to receive in the area. This is due to the higher percentage of paying patients on the east side and the strong nursing union.
    My nurse manager is AMAZING.

Cons

Currently the union is having trouble solidifying a contract with the hospital. The union is strong and the nurses expect to have a good contract moving forward.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees well. Much of the staff is loyal to the hospital and want to receive adequate benefits. Spending millions of dollars on new facilities and then claiming you are in the red and need to make cuts to employees seems disingenuous.

"It's like working in the 1950s"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better-than-average benefits package; Free employee parking. "Amiable" employees

Cons

Poor use of EMR. Lack of collaboration between departments. behind-the-times for use of tech. Overlake operates as if it's in the 1950s- Physicians are Kings, all else are "support staff". They have not figured out how to develop nursing, and do not allow for thinking outside the box. Lack creativity in problem solving. Rely on management and physicians to determine solutions. No continuing education or specialty-focused education.

Advice to Management

Get modern! Allow for some autonomy. Stop trying to turn specialty clinics into primary care. Making the organization look nice and branding people with uniforms DOES NOT equate to good care. Enabling patients by doing WHATEVER they want is like bad parents raising badly behaved children.