Overstock.com - Usually Awesome | Glassdoor

"Usually Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overstock.com provides many benefits for the employees, which they are not required to do. Upper management does try to relate to the lower employees. There are the politics that you find in any company, but I feel that Overstock.com is better than most.

Cons

There are still those at the company that hire by who they know and not what they know. Don't expect to earn a mint working for Overstock.com. I have not had a raise in 3.5 years.

Advice to Management

Give raises to the employees who work hard and care about the job they do.

Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com

1. "Encouraging atmosphere with great leadership"

Current Employee - Software Tester in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The first thing I noticed about OverStock was how professional everyone is. I was also very intimidated at first because everyone seemed almost.. over intelligent (from what I was used to). These worries were quicked snuffed out because everyone is so helping and encouraging of growth and learning. The management is not overbearing, and I'm often left asking what more I can do (which I guess could be a con). Very relaxed atmosphere, couldn't be happier.

Cons

The air quality in the building is not the greatest, though this isn't directly OverStock's fault I feel like they should be addressing it. One thing I miss from my previous job is the one on one meetings I had with my team lead. Though this is said to occur at OverStock it has only happened once since I've been here (4 months).

Advice to Management

Keep being open and communicating with the company. I love that. The only thing that I wish is that the directors of departments, I wish they were more open and personal with the lower level employees. I know they're busy so this might not be possible but it would be nice.

2. "I finally found a company that is a perfect fit."

Pros

Overstock.com is the best company I've ever worked for. They treat their people with respect and have a great benefit package. What impresses me the most is the leadership of CEO and founder Patrick Byrne. He is brilliant, humble and a true visionary. I am blessed to work at such an amazing company.

Cons

No downside. Overstock.com has issues just like any other workplace. However, they really are a company that places high value on integrity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for taking such good care of your associates.