Overstock.com - At work with The O | Glassdoor

"At work with The O"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Most of the managers i have encountered have encouraged growth within the company by sharing their knowlegde and helping their employees succeed in the tasks they have given. Overall there are very positive people in management positions who are open and helpful to the associates they are in charge of.

Cons

In my departmental transfers i have had difficult transitional periods adjusting to a head-strong individual who possesses an aggressive micro-management style but lacks the overarching grasp of his possition to assign tasks that have clear conditions in which the goals were to be achieved. Luckily, my flexibility allows a sort of middle ground where i get my job done without affecting anything adversely.

Advice to Management

Most of the managers here show a willingness to get "into the trenches" and work alongside their associates shouldering the load when days get hectic, it's very comendable to see that motivation of "do as i do", rather than managing from a chair relying solely on delegation of leg work to leads to pass information up and down the chain. And it's not just middle management, the upper echelon of leadership is not afraid to get out on the floor and work up a sweat.

Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com

1. "The Best Place To Work (EVER!!)"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative S E A L in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I have been here since 10/09/2009 and have already moved up, hopefully will continue too! Love the people and it is such a great job! We stay busy but all the while have fun!

Cons

The 24/7 chat team just seems to ruin everything, they cause more problems then they solve.
    I'm tempt and don't know if I'll be perminate.

Advice to Management

Let me keep my job!

"Pay more"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

It's a laid back company that listens to it's employees ideas.

Cons

Their pay compensation isn't anywhere near other companies. Recognition is few and far between.

Advice to Management

People only do what they are paid to do. Are you getting the work you need to keep this company in the high numbers for customer care?