Owens Corning - The manager who was there had his picks and when it came time to lay people off it was based on his picks and not perfor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning

"The manager who was there had his picks and when it came time to lay people off it was based on his picks and not perfor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC

Pros

Overall my time there was great great coworkers and those who worked for me! I was given the opportunity to learn many things that will help me in my new job!

Cons

The former plant leaders seemed to be hell bent on destroying the plant! Thankfully they are no longer in roles where they can do that!

Advice to Management

Remember that your most important asset are your employees! Treat them with dignity and respect and they will take you to new heights!

Other Employee Reviews for Owens Corning

"Positive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, which is important to me. It is a very family-oriented place to work. Employees are so supportive of one another and it feels like family

Cons

Like most places, want you to do more with less, but the management is encouraging.

2. "Earnings are well below what is expected"

Former Employee - Basement Sales in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Basement Sales in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Great product -- much better to finish a basement with than drywall
    Company name recognition
    They give you leads

Cons

The product is good, it is also very expensive and difficult to sell to most people

Straight commission, very tough to earn a buck here

The leads are very unqualified. Most of the time the people are home (which is good), but they are unprepared to buy or spend as much as we're charging. Telemarketing people set the appointments and are paid on appointments set, not on sales. (Left out to die).

Ownership and management accepts NO feedback from salespeople at all.

Advice to Management

Better qualify your leads. To rehash a 6 year old lead that didn't buy back then because it was too expensive, then raise your prices considerably since then and then call the customer back saying we now have lower prices is a flat out lie and a terrible lead for your salespeople. No wonder everyone quits!