Owens & Minor - Owens & Minor is not like it used to be...much better place to work for 5-6 years ago. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor

"Owens & Minor is not like it used to be...much better place to work for 5-6 years ago."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

great teammates, below management level.

Cons

multiple levels of management. Many mgt changes. preformed opinions based upon rumors, not facts.

Advice to Management

Lighten up and recognize you have to pay to get and retail quality employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Owens & Minor

""Family Owned" Disowns Its' Own"

Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

Pros

A recession-proof business, and O&M is the best in the business.

Cons

Strange compensation plans which can crop up and cut your salary by a significant amount? Yes, it happened. Despite complaints from the field, senior management has done nothing to either address the plan across the board, nor make any wide-scale changes. We were told the changes are to encourage positive business practices and discourage costly business burdens. The issue is that the sales force cannot influence the business choices of the hospital (one GPO vs another), nor the larger scale economic decisions driving purchases. This change has done nothing more than cause more resentment amongst the sales force. O&M prides itself on being a "family" company, but I know I speak for much of the sales force when I say that I feel like a teenager being thrown out of his own house after getting good grades, doing his homework and all chores. This plan is a slap in the face. It would be one thing if commissions were cut because our industry and company were riding the same national economic downturn, but we're posting record growth, our stock prices have gone up. We're taking care of the Street more than our own people.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who brought you from $5B to $7B and give them the compensation they deserve.

2. "Great benefits, not-so-great Distribution Center management"

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits and attempts to improve morale and company culture.

Cons

Working on holidays and working during inclement weather is expected/required. Management problems go unaddressed by home office HR after multiple complaints. You are expected to perform other people's jobs and pay scale could better reflect job duties.