Oxbow Carbon - Good job,good benefitis ,great people for the most part | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oxbow Carbon

"Good job,good benefitis ,great people for the most part"

Pros

Great place to work,good benefits,good insurance ,I could retire here except for the reason noted in the next section

Cons

Micromanaging supervisor( only reason I would leave,and I'm looking)
Able to bank vacation days but then not permitted to take them thus losing days by reaching the maximum

Advice to Management

Be proactive with mid management
Would like to have an employee handbook...if there is one I haven't received it yet

Other Employee Reviews for Oxbow Carbon

1. "22 years, great place to work."

Former Employee - Surface Electrician in Somerset, CO
    Former Employee - Surface Electrician in Somerset, CO

I worked at Oxbow Carbon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very organized. We always had a plan and all the parts needed for a job before we started. I looked forward to work. And raised my family off of this company.

Cons

Conditions were very hard at times. Bad roof and lots of methane. But with to people we had it was not that bad.

Advice to Management

Re open and ill return in a flash.

2. "Oxbow Carbon - an energy company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Oxbow Carbon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Difficult to generalize. Extremely location dependent for company review. Generally (for professional staff)
    1. Excellent pay and benefits (again location dependent)
    2. Top notch people (at least at corp HQ)
    3. You can learn a lot depending on job function.

Cons

Difficult to generalize. This is an energy company at heart and employment security is subject to energy market cycles. It is also a private company. Extremely location dependent for company review. Corp HQ review below.
    Corp HQ (West palm Bch): Starting in 2004-2012, much growth thru acquisition. Executive suite and corporate functions started transition from smaller to larger company in the 2011-2012 timeframe with associated transitional pains with many new people at the helm. Considerably less of a "family type" work environment (everybody pitching in where necessary) after transition with associated stress for those below the executive suite. This should not be an issue for new employees as they would not have the "nostalgia" of the old work environment.

Advice to Management

Just a note for below. Brian Acton is a great guy but has not been associated with Oxbow Carbon since the 2011-2012 timeframe. Current CEO (and owner) is William (Bill) Koch. Current COO (I believe) is Eric Johnson. I have no advice for company management.