Oxford Global Resources - Hard work pays off | Glassdoor

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Pros

If you are not the typical college graduate that expects to come out of the box making a 50-60K dollar salary but you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded. The sky is the limit for earnings potential and if you want more then work harder. There is no one to blame but yourself if you dont like your paycheck every week.

Cons

There are only so many things you can control in the staffing industry so riding the Oxford rollercoaster can be a bit stressful at times but again very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Listen to the suggestions of your staff

Other Employee Reviews for Oxford Global Resources

"Solid company, and a good opportunity that was "as advertised.""

Current Employee - Account Manager in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Pros

Oxford is a great place to work where an individual with little to no experience receives training and is plugged into a system that functions (very well) within a chosen market space. Upon starting, I was told that if I show up and put forth the effort to build a database/porfolio of qualified customers, then I would begin to see results within a year or so from a commission standpoint, and that the sky was essentially the limit after that. It happened to happen exactly that way for me, and I have since moved up through several levels of management, and now have what I would consider to be a great job. If one is motivated and has a thick skin, then he or she can do very well at Oxford. This has been my experience.

Cons

Sales jobs in general aren't for everyone. It goes back to a person putting in the effort and managing their expectations accordingly. That's not necessarily an Oxford issue, that's an emplyee/applicant issue. I do see a ceiling (personally) within Oxford from an opportunity perspective. The opportunity is tremendous from day one up to say mid to even mid-upper-level management (which covers the vast majority of employees). I somewhat disagree with the selection of some of the individuals either placed in management or even simply who have been "backed" or "endorsed" over the years, and when I try to envision where I will be x-years down the road and who my peers will be or who I would have to compete against, it honestly causes me to question my long term career goals/plans. I also think that the base salary for manager-level employees could increase.

"This job has exceeded my original expectations with regard to my success and compensation."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The people - I work with a great team - we all focus on the same goals for success, and we acheive them. We have strong leadership and are given all the tools we need, help and guidance are offered when needed. Success is measurable with Oxford - if you meet or exceed your goals, you can make a very good living here. Finally, we have fun - it is an upbeat and pleasant work environment.

Cons

Hours can be long at times and some parts of our job are out of our control. Obviously, dealing with people can be a challenge and sometimes unpredictable. Also, though I personally have no management aspirations, it appears becoming a manager can be completely overhwelming. The job appears to be very demanding.

Advice to Management

I think leadership basically does an excellent job - I think sometimes communication is not as open as it could be, but for an organization this size - it is somewhat understandable.