Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 5 years

10/10 experience

Aug 7, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Amazing, hardworking, and kind people + Interesting subject matter - you’ll find yourself unintentionally learning about economic trends or medical care or animal facts + Fair amount of travel (in normal times) + Really supportive leadership + Great early career support from mentorship pairing to shadowing opportunities

Cons

- Salary, but remember this is a non-profit publisher, so not entirely surprising! The PTO is very good for the US so that helps offset the salary.

Continue reading

Oxford University Press Response

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. We’re delighted to see some of the reasons why you enjoyed working at OUP, especially the points around our people and the supportive leadership. Ensuring our people feel rewarded for the hard work they do and retaining the talent we have working within the organization is extremely important to us, which is why we implemented our fair pay principles last year and continue to benchmark on a regular basis. However, we are always open to hearing more ways in which we can improve and would welcome your feedback by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great people

Feb 1, 2021 - Editorial Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, hardworking people. Exposure to wide variety of academic publications in all stages of publishing process.

Cons

Not a lot of interactions between departments, but this is also a reality of editorial work.

Oxford University Press Response

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

We’re delighted to read your review, and particularly value your feedback on our people. We’re always so proud of the wonderful people working at OUP. If you want to expand on your review further, please email glassdoor@oup.com.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!!!

Oct 19, 2021 - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation was strong. Human Resources was very involved in work/life balance initiatives. Senior Management is very visible, very involved, and can be seen frequently at staff anniversaries.

Cons

No cons were evident during my tenure.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oxford University Press.